This month at the Dec. 8 meeting of the Denver Orchid Society we will hear from our own member Thien Ngo, who will treat us to his efforts at hybridizing orchids in the Phragmipedium genus.
Watch your email for Web connect information.
Meeting General Information
The Denver Orchid Society meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, with the exception of a summer break in July and August. Visitors are always welcome! Our meetings include a short business discussion, an informal Show-and-Tell, an expert speaker orchid presentation, and the sale of orchid plants.
2020 Meeting Schedule
- January 13 — Mark Van Der Woerd
- February 11 — Dave Haelterman
- March 10 — Plant Study and Grow Competition
- April 14 — LED Lighting Presentation
- May 12 — Ron Parsons-Miniature Orchids
- June 9 — NO MEETING; Lowry Construction
- July — NO MEETING-Summer Break
- August — Summer Event & BBQ/Pot Luck
- September 8 — Daryl – Tezula Orchids
- October 13 — Graham – Lehua Orchids
- November 10 — Member Grow Space Presentations
- December — Pot Luck/Auction
Rocky Mountain Judging Center Sessions
2019 RMJC Schedule
Judging sessions are open to all orchid growers and are held on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Colorado Federation-Garden Clubs building, 1556 Emerson Street in Denver. Off-street parking is available. Centrally located just north of Colfax, this location is close to Denver Botanic Gardens. Everyone is welcome, so try to attend at least once. Bring your best plants and stay a while. It is a great educational experience.
6:00 p.m. – Judges training
6:30 p.m. – Plant registration
7:00 p.m. – Judging begins (except during the DOS annual show in which case judging starts the morning before the show opens to the public.)