Monthly DOS Meeting
DATE: There will be no April meeting.
LOCATION: Lowry Conference Center
1061 Akron Way, Bldg. 697
Denver, CO 80230
The Lowry Conference Center is located centrally in Denver at the corner of Yosemite Street and Akron Way. It has convenient free parking with direct access to the ground floor meeting room and free WiFi.
The program for April was to have been a presentation on using LED lighting to supplement or replace sunlight in growing orchids. It has been postponed indefinitely.
Visitors are welcome to participate at regular meetings.
Meeting General Information
The Denver Orchid Society meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, with the exception of a summer break in July and August. Visitors are always welcome! Our meetings include a short business discussion, an informal Show-and-Tell, an expert speaker orchid presentation, and the sale of orchid plants.
2020 Meeting Schedule
- January 13 — Mark Van Der Woerd
- February 11 — Dave Haelterman
- March 10 — Plant Study and Grow Competition
- April 14 — LED Lighting Presentation
- May 12 — Ron Parsons-Miniature Orchids
- June 9 — NO MEETING; Lowry Construction
- July — NO MEETING-Summer Break
- August — Summer Event & BBQ/Pot Luck
- September 8 — Daryl – Tezula Orchids
- October 13 — Graham – Lehua Orchids
- November 10 — Member Grow Space Presentations
- December — Pot Luck/Auction
Rocky Mountain Judging Center Sessions
2019 RMJC Schedule
Judging sessions are open to all orchid growers and are held on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Colorado Federation-Garden Clubs building, 1556 Emerson Street in Denver. Off-street parking is available. Centrally located just north of Colfax, this location is close to Denver Botanic Gardens. Everyone is welcome, so try to attend at least once. Bring your best plants and stay a while. It is a great educational experience.
6:00 p.m. – Judges training
6:30 p.m. – Plant registration
7:00 p.m. – Judging begins (except during the DOS annual show in which case judging starts the morning before the show opens to the public.)